Bleach is one of the most common and relied-upon cleaning and disinfecting solutions. While chlorine bleach is certainly effective at removing stains and disinfecting surfaces when used properly, it should not be treated as a universal cleaning tool.
That’s where bleach alternatives come in! Bleach alternatives use different active ingredients than bleach – making them effective for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces, but they tend to be less corrosive.
When to Avoid Chlorine Bleach
While bleach can be a great multipurpose cleaning tool, when used incorrectly it can pose risks to your staff and is not suitable for use on foodservice surfaces or in environments with children and pets. Bleach requires a certain level of awareness for use as it can cause eye and skin irritation. When using bleach, it’s important to ensure staff is trained on safe use, including how to properly dilute it with water. Learn more about the precautions to be aware of when using bleach.*
UniTab: A Tablet Bleach Alternative
An effective bleach alternative can be used for all the same applications as bleach. UniTab is a single-dose bleach alternative that provides cleaning, deodourizing and disinfection in areas where controlling cross-contamination hazards are of the highest concern. UniTab takes the guesswork out of cleaning – it’s safe to handle, store and only requires water to activate its cleaning properties.
UniTab is the ideal choice when you require a product that:
- Can be used everywhere you have been using bleach
- Can be used for general disinfecting anywhere – not just in healthcare facilities
- Won’t damage equipment or surfaces
- Provides easy, one-step disinfection
- Disinfects without leaving any residue – even on glass and stainless steel
- Leaves no harsh odour
* If you require a more accessible version of this guide, please contact us and we’d be happy to help.