Commercial floors go through a lot! The right floor care products and training are essential to keeping facility floors properly maintained and looking their best.
There’s no shortage of options when it comes to selecting floor care products, so how do you choose the products that are right for each space? From floor strippers to cleaners and everything in between, Dustbane’s Floor Care Chart* can help!
Here are a few quick tips to keep in mind when using floor care products:
Training is Key
As with any chemical use, before beginning, always ensure your employees have the right protective equipment, clothing and training to complete the task. It’s important to read the manufacturer label and SDS sheet for any safety precautions, including required protective equipment.
Choose The Right Products
It’s no secret different floor types need different care. Here’s a breakdown of when to use each product:
- Floor Strippers: Floor stripping removes wax, soil and debris to help keep floors looking their best. Dustbane floor strippers can be used on most floor types, except linoleum.
- Neutralizers: These cleaning chemicals work to neutralize liquids on floors and are great way to prepare floors for finish. Dustbane neutralizers can be used on many floor types including wood, vinyl and terrazzo.
- Sealers: Floor sealers protect floors from abrasions, improve floor safety and reduce maintenance cost. Consult the Floor Care Chart* to see which sealers are right for different flooring materials.
- Finishes: First impressions count! A clean, well-maintained floor makes a big impact on how customers perceive a business. Apply finish after sealers for a clean, polished look. Floor finishes also protect floors from wear and tear. Dustbane finishes can be used on many floor types including linoleum, concrete and slate.
- Maintainers: Floor maintainers are a combination of detergent and wax polymer that cleans, enhances slip resistance and removes black marks and scuffs on hard floors. Dustbane maintainers can be used on most floor types, except concrete.
Get the full breakdown of compatible floor care products for every flooring type in Dustbane’s Floor Care Chart!* Looking for more info? Contact our Cleaning & Hygiene experts today for a customized floor care solution for your space.
*Please contact us if you require a more accessible version of this document and we would be happy to provide it.